Focused at the nanoscale, electron and ion beams provide a local probe particularly-suited for investigating semiconductor microstructures, nanostructures and defects. The core of this meeting includes the following topics:
Materials characterization methods:
- Electron beam characterization methods: CL, EBIC, TEM, SEM, EBSD, e.t.c.
- Light characterization methods: spatially resolved PL, micro PL, microRaman, OBIC, e.t.c.
- Scanning Probe Microscopy: STM, AFM and SNOM techniques.
- Ion beams and other microscopy characterization techniques: SIMS, e.t.c.
Application of these and related techniques to the study of:
- Photovoltaic materials and devices;
- Point and extended defects, impurities, interfaces;
- Heterostructures, quantum structures, devices;
- 2D crystals, nanomaterials, nanowires, nanotubes;
- Optical and electronic properties of defects, microstructures and nanostructures
and more generally, any quantitative and analytical aspect of local beam injection assessment of any solids.